Pages

October 5, 2010

Apple Cinnamon Clafoutis


Doesn't this look divine? This was the recipe we made for Cross Country Bakers last month. It's a French dessert made with apple custard-like filling. Mmmmm... I thought it was about time I posted a recipe for you all, so try this one out for your next dessert (or have it for breakfast like we did!). Enjoy!

Apple Cinnamon Clafoutis

Ingredients:

* About 3 or 4 apples
* 2 large eggs + 1 yolk
* 1/2 cup blond cane sugar
* 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
* 3 Tbsp. all purpose flour
* 1 cup whole milk, cold
* 1 vanilla, seeds removed (I didn't have vanilla seeds so I used 1 tsp. vanilla)
* 1/2 cup heavy cream
* ground cinnamon

Steps:

* Preheat your oven at 350ºF.
* Peel the apples and cut into cubes or slices whatever you feel is best for the oven dish you are using (I used ramekins)
* Beat the eggs and yolk with the sugar.
* Add the vanilla seeds and mix.
* Dilute the cornstarch in the cold milk.
* Add the flour and cornstarch to the previous preparation, with the cream. Mix well until homogeneous. Add ground cinnamon to your liking.
* Grease small ramekins (or a larger dish) and sprinkle with sugar. Remove the excess.
* Divide the apples  between them and pour the cream over.
* Sprinkle with ground cinnamon and place in the oven for 40 to 45 min, until golden. Remove. Eat warm or cold.

Original recipe from Jungle Frog Cooking.

6 comments:

Miss RJ said...

YUMMY! To bad I am allergic to Cinnamon! :-(

Kathryn Grace said...

Oh, you poor thing! Though I am sure you could make it without the cinnamon, or substitute a different spice… maybe cloves?

Simone said...

O I am so honoured you made my apple cinnamon clafoutis!! It looks delicious (and I just happen to know it was…)

Miss RJ said...

Allergic to cloves and ginger too! That’s why I get that red ring around my face. Boohoo! :-(

Kathryn Grace said...

Simone – Thank you for the WONDERFUL recipe! If you visit the Cross Country Bakers link at the beginning of this post, you can see other people who have made it as well. It was one of the recipe options for our monthly baking club!

Miss RJ – Oh, no! Well, I think it would still be good without any cinnamon (I love cinnamon so I think it is best with, but if you can’t have it, give it a try without and tell me what you think :-).

Miss RJ said...

I am going to try that soon, just have to wait until we get some of the things in the recipe first :-)

Miss you ladies!

Love,
RJ