Pages

March 24, 2009

Regency: Modest?

Lately I have seen a lot of Christian young ladies, particularly homeschooled ones, who are very enthusiastic, you might say, about Regency style fashions. I've been wondering if this style is really modest or not. Obviously most of the original gowns of the period were not, being very (very) low necked, but most girls these days are making them with higher necklines. But is the shape of the gown modest?

This is not going to be a long post about my opinion since I am still rather undecided myself. I have a poll up, and I would love it if you would vote and afterward, comment on this post with WHY you voted that way (why you think it is/isn't modest).

*Update: Final poll results are below.*


Do you think the Regency (empire waist/Pride & Prejudice style) is modest?
  • Yes (55.0%, 28 Votes)
  • No (29.0%, 15 Votes)
  • Haven't thought about it (16.0%, 8 Votes)
Total Voters: 51

No comments: