Pages

May 15, 2007

18-25 Honorable Mention

For She Has Gifts
By Miss Jessica Burks

Her life is rich because she waits for God to give a man
For she has gifts - of thought, of prayer
Where hope is ripe from fertile trust in God who has a plan.

To serve her man with all her heart does show her love for him
For she has gifts - to praise, to share
A joyful home for God's true work and love to come from them.

She trusts in God to guide her path and know her dream and goal
For she has gifts - of love, of care
To raise a child who loves the Lord with all her heart and soul.

Such love and virtue can be lost without a man around
For she has gifts - so fond, so fair
Which brings to hue a pallid face and echoes from no sound.

The time when God does grant this man will be a joy for me
For I have gifts - I say, I dare
To love his life and join my soul with his in harmony.

No comments: