Pages

May 15, 2007

10-17 Honorable Mention


Helping Mother

By Miss Robyn Gould

Every evening it is my job to help with supper cleanup, but best of all is washing the dishes with my mother dear. We talk and laugh about the day and from things of the past.
I love helping mother.

Sometimes I vacuum for my brother. Sometimes I wash the floor when mother dear is busy.
Sometimes I clean the kitchen or pick up all the toys.
I love helping mother.

Sometimes I stop to bandage sisters knee. Or pick up baby dear.
And sometimes I help my brother get out his bin of toys or help him reach a book.
I love helping mother.

But sometimes there are unpleasant jobs like doing dirty laundry, and I try not to grumble as I see the mounds of laundry or the dirty messy room, so I think of a song and it helps all the time, and soon I am thinking on pleasant things.
I love helping mother.

But sometimes there is dinner to make and Brother tries to help, and spills the sauce and meat all across my nice clean kitchen floor! And then what do I do? Do I yell at him? No, for I try to be patient and tell him no, but he says, "I am sorry," and then I clean up and it is clean again.
I love helping mother.

But best of all is nighttime when I snuggle into bed knowing that I have done my job and that’s a guarantee.
I love helping mother.

But sometimes there’s a struggle to be patient, loyal and kind, for I must treat my family like royalty and I must help them out, for I am mother’s helper girl and I must help her out!
I love helping mother.


I like serving my family because that’s what God calls us to do!
For when I am helping mother then I please God and I want to please God as well as mother.
I love helping mother.

No comments: