Pages

March 12, 2007

My Biggest Dream

"What is your biggest dream?"
Have you ever been asked that question? I have, and when I try to explain what my biggest dream is, people seem disappointed. "You 'just' want to be a mom? But, your you could do so much more with your life! Why not choose something more... well, fulfilling or something to benefit the community?"
My biggest dream is to be a helper meet for my future husband. I want to support him, submit to him, build him up and help him to carry out his vision. This dream includes having children, as many as the Lord shall see fit to give me. I want to bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord (Ephesians 6:4); to have to privilege of teaching and training them myself, not leaving it to others. I want to cook their meals, kiss their bumps and bruises, and do those tasks that many women consider menial. In doing so, I will be shaping part of the next generation! Many have heard the saying, "The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world," but I wonder how many actually comprehend the truth in that short quote. Mothers are the ones who are determining the direction of the world! Isn't that a sobering thought? When a mother sends her children off to public school to be taught by politically correct teachers, she is, essentially, tearing down her house with her own hands. In my biggest dream, I want to do the opposite. Raising godly children will be the way in which I benefit the community, rather than leaving home and going around doing "good things" on my own, apart from my family. Is this choice going to be easy, exciting and glamorous? No. Worthwhile and fulfilling? Yes.
"That's as big as your biggest dream gets?"
Well, I don't think it could really get any bigger.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kathryn~

I just recently found your blog. It is great!

I have had people ask me this question too. It was great to read your reply.

I will be back later!

Love Your Friend ~ Moriah Mari

Maiden Of Virtue said...

What an awesome answer! I have had many people ask me that question.....I loved your response!

I will visit again!!!

--Courtney