Pages

March 8, 2008

Friendship Quilt

folded friendship quiltFor my last birthday, my sister gave me a friendship quilt, though it wasn't all put together yet. It's one of the best gifts I've ever been given - a quilt made up of squares that my friends embroidered for me! Tara (my sister) organized the whole thing, and my friends each handmade a square. It was very neat to open each one out and see how each reflected the personality of the giver! Anyway, I am writing this because yesterday my sister finished sewing it all together, and I thought I'd post a couple pictures of it.
T-T Basting in batting
Here she is basting in the batting (that's the back of the quilt)

Friendship Quilt
The finished quilt (sorry the picture is a little dark)
And there was an unexpected benefit that came with this quilt as far as Tara is concerned - she's found that she's hooked on quilting! :-)

No comments: